The War Illustrated - No. 38
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 38, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 2 - No. 38 - May 24, 1940
- Jottings from the Editor's Wartime Diary
- 'The Wild Beast Springs Out of His Lair'
- 'War With All Our Might'
- 'Gort's Men' Speed to Aid the Belgians
- Parachuite Troops Bring War From the Skies
- 'Kultur' Comes Again This Side the Rhine
- Holland Overwhelmed in a Five-Days Campaign
- Switzerland Stands-To on Her Mountain Bulwarks
- They March under Leopold to the Battle
- The Epic Stories of the Glosters on the Frozen Lake
- Of the British Family Only Eire Is Not aw War
- Preparing a Hot Reception for Any Parachutists
- I Was There! - I Saw Fighting, But No Panic, In Amsterdam
- I Was There! - How We Escaped Bombers and Parachutists
- I Was There! - Our Captain Was the Last Off the 'Afridi'
- Malta Is Ready for Any Onslaught
- Historic Words
- Our Diary of the War
- Echoes of the War from Far and Near