The War Illustrated - No. 87
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 87, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 4 - No. 87 - May 2, 1941
- Jottings from the Editor's Wartime Diary
- Into Battle Went the 'Forces of the Empire'
- Belgrade: Tragic Capital of the Yugoslavs
- When Greek Met German in Macedonia
- Britain v. Germany: the Strategy of the War
- We Simply Had to Help the Greeks!
- 'Her March Is O'er the Mountain Wave'
- Last Flickers of War in East Africa
- Where the Battle of Britain Was Fought and Won
- Why the Battle of the Atlantic Must Be Won
- They're Turning Out Spitfires by the Hundred
- Our Searchlight on the War
- How 'Lorna Doone' Celebrated Her Jubilee
- What Healthy Young Woman Wants to Be Idle?
- I Was There! - I Was Nearly Caught in Salonika
- I Was There! - We 'Roof-Hopped' Over Hamburg
- I Was There! - This Is How We Entered Asmara
- Our Diary of the War
- Items of War Interest From Far and Near