The War Illustrated - No. 59
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 59, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 3 - No. 59 - October 18, 1940
- Jottings From the Editor's Wartime Diary
- France is Now Robbed of Food and Freedom
- What Has Fate In Store For Portugal?
- Polish Airmen Are Fighting in Britain's War
- London Carries On in the People's War
- London's Defences Are Beating the Night Bomber
- Women On Active Service in the Battle of Britain
- London's War Ambulances are Always Under Fire
- Through London's Battle the Railways Carry On
- They Were The First To Win the George Cross
- Our Searchlight on the War
- I Was There! - I Saw London Firemen on the Job
- I Was There! - We Found Ourselves in a French Prison
- I Was There! - Our Squadron Helped to Bring Down the 232
- I Was There! - Our Hudson Tackled Seven Messerschmitts
- From East and South Come the Troops of Empire
- War Personalitites - G.O.C.s of Home Command
- Our Diary of the War
- Items of War Interest from Far and Near