The War Illustrated - No. 54
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 54, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 3 - No. 54 - September 13, 1940
- Jottings From the Editor's Wartime Diary
- The Grenadiers Lived Up To Their Reputation
- We Have More Than Held Our Own in the Air
- Air Battle for London Raged Yet More Fiercely
- What the R.A.F. Did to Germany in August
- R.A.F. Shatters the Myth of Berlin's Immunity
- How the Raiders May Be Spotted
- Two Nazis Fell to the 'Arctic Trapper's' Guns
- Alsace Is Already German Once Again
- Transylvania: Latest Victim of Power Politics
- Black France Delcares for Liberty
- I Was There! - We Were the First to Bomb Berlin
- I Was There! - I Saw the Nazi Pilot's Frenzied Face
- I Was There! - I Enjoyed My First Parachute Descent
- Destroyers for Bases - and Everyone Is Pleased!
- Our Searchlight on the War
- Our Diary of the War
- England at Bay
- Items of War Interest from Far and Near