The War Illustrated - No. 5
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 5, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 5 - October 14, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Poland Fought On, 'Bloody But Unbowed'
- They Stood by Poland to the End
- Soviet Power in the Ukraine, Baltic and Poland
- Rumania's Premier Pays The Price
- Daladier, the Strong Man of France
- Watch and Ward on the West
- How the People Were Numbered
- How Britain is Winning the U-Boat War
- Battleships Beat the Bombers
- Words That History Will Remember
- Our War Gazetteer
- Mr. Briton'll See It Through
- Nazi Gangsters Bank the 'Swag'
- America's First Reactions to the European War
- Sir Nevile Among the Nazis
- Women Leaders in the Nation's Effort
- Changes in the London Scene: Then and Now
- There is Safety in Sandbags
- Odd Facts About the War
- I Was There! - I Went Across with the 'New Contemptibles'
- I Was There! - We Were Saved by R.A.F. Flying Boats
- I Was There! - How We Escaped From Poland
- I Was There! - The First Rescue by Seaplane in Naval History
- I Was There! - I Saw Fighting from a Foreign Frontier
- There Is Still Chivalry Between Fighting Airmen
- Our Diary of the War
- The Free Peoples Rise
- It Is Said That...
- Our Who's Who of the War