The War Illustrated - No. 48
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 48, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 3 - No. 48 - August 2, 1940
- Jottings From the Editor's Wartime Diary
- When the Highland Brigades Had To Surrender
- Will Hitler Come With a Fleet of Barges?
- The Admiral Was Disappointed With the Italians
- They Are in Britain's Battle-Line in Africa
- The Empire's Part in the Battle of Britain
- September 1939: the Polish War in Retrospect
- Spain is Not at All Eager to Go to War Again
- Our Searchlight on the War News
- I Was There! - We Drifted for Six Days on a Raft
- I Was There! - The Germans Even Gave Us Cigarettes
- I Was There! - Jerry Machine-Gunned Our Little Boat
- Raids Cannot Shake Our 'Indomitable Resolution'
- They Hold Our First Line of Shore Defence
- Our Diary of the War
- Brief Hour
- Items of War Interest from Far and Near