The War Illustrated - No. 4
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 4, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 4 - October 7, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Poland: The First Phase Ends
- Poland Has Died Before - To Rise Again
- Britain Won't Go Hungry in this War
- Women Take Over in Paris and London
- Winning the Fight Against U-Boats
- The New Watch on the Rhine
- The Lads of '39 off to the Western Front
- 'Tiger' Gort - Commander-in-Chief, B.E.F.
- Britain's Effort Gains Speed
- British Knights of the Air
- I Was There! - I Jumped from the Sinking "Courageous"
- I Was There! - We Were on 'Courageous' When She Was Hit
- I Was There! - 'Tommy' Lands in France Again
- I Was There! - I Bombed a U-Boat from the Air
- Paravanes Spell Safety in a Minefield
- Hitler's S O S to the Jews
- Himmler - The Man Germany Fears
- The Soviet Plays 'Jackal to the Nazi Lion'
- Words That History Will Remember
- Czechs Raise Standard of Revolt
- Our Diary of the War
- It Is Said That...
- Making the Best of a Black Business
- Odd Facts About the War