The War Illustrated - No. 20
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 20, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 20 - January 19, 1940
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Europe's Map Saw Many Changes in 1939
- Germany Lost That War: How Can She Win This?
- In Finland's Snows Stalin's 'Comrades' Perish
- Stalin's Grip on the Baltic is Tightened
- Women Work and Die for Finland
- Come Aboard One of Our Aircraft Carriers!
- Where is the Ark Royal? - Why, Here She Is!
- We Shan't Win the War by 'Wishful Thinking'!
- Heroes of Wartime Black-out - Unseen & Unsung
- Words That History Will Remember
- Things You May Not Know
- Hunter and Hunted in the Submarine War
- The Modern Mine is a Double-Edged Weapon
- Australia's Airmen Now Comrades of the R.A.F.
- How Big a Threat is Germany's Air Force?
- 'What Are We To Do To Win This War?'
- I Was There! - We Saw Our 'Planes Bomb a U-Boat
- I Was There! - Our Three Bombers Fought Twelve Fighters
- I Was There! - We Were Torpedoed on Christmas Day
- I Was There! - How We Escorted a Merchant Convoy
- Our Diary of the War
- He Leaves - But His Work Lives On